Saturday, February 14, 2009

Term Limits Should Exist


I never would have thought that I would say this, but I think term limits are for the best. I feel that people get corrupted by the power and lose the will of the people. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." This quote says it all. When I look at people like Ted Kennedy, Charles Rangel, Ted Stevens, etc I just see corruption written all over. They get too cozy with lobbyists and people with the big bucks and forget who they are there to serve- the people. I think the following term limits should exist:

US Senate- 3 terms (18 years)
US House- 9 terms (18 years)
MN Senate- 8 terms (24 years)
MN House- 16 terms (24 years)

I understand that some long-serving politicians have the best intentions, but its sometimes good to get fresh ideas. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment